We have decided – again!

Again we had said;  ”no, this year we won’t do our family summer camp” and again we just couldn’t resist. We all think it just so great and so much fun to have lots of fantastic people gather here at our place in the middle of Sweden. People who come together, share, do fun things and “just” spend time together.

It’s now the 7th family camp we’ll arrange here at our small farm and we usually are at least around a hundred people, adults and kids. We’ve had people from all over the world participating. Apart from Sweden, they have come from places like Germany, France, Spain, England, Holland, Finland, Norway and some even from as far away as the US, Israel, Taiwan and New Zealand!

So, now you are invited too! To read more about the gathering and see some more pictures from previous years you can go to www.askofamilycamp.info

Hope to see you soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Be Sociable, Share!

398 Comments for this entry

• Seeing those pictures, aren’t you happy that you chose to go along with another year? Now that it’s 7, you know what that means. You have no choice other than to keep it going. It would be a great tradition to continue with your children. Congratulations on another year :)

• Mary Dublin says:

Have to say I am very envious of your ability to get such obvious joy from your holiday experiences. As usual you give the impression of happiness in your blog and this is always reflected in the wonderful pictures you include. All the very best from Dublin

• I love camping, I think it’s one of the best ways to just get away from it all and really discover ourself again. You look like you had a great time :) . I’m planning myself a camping trip in a few weeks time.

• Kimberly says:

Awesome!i like all the picture and it’s great idea to go family camping to build an great relation in each family member.thanks for sharing i open this to my husband and maybe we can have a break to work with our kids.

• carlamin88 says:

Wow! How I wished that my family and I can travel around the world. But we do adventure from the different places here in our province.

• Nice Idea – this is what life is about: get togehter without borders! Wish you guys a great summer camp!

• Natallie says:

WOW!i love to travel around the world and discover the beauty of the world,i wish i can meet those family and spend time with just few days love to have picnic ans sit front of the fire.thanks for sharing,picture is cool, nice taken

• chelle says:

great post! i love to travel to different places.. it’s the only time when i can enjoy, relax and have the time of my life..

• mickey17 says:

Oh how I wish, we could travel easily just like what you did. My husband and I are planning to have a vacation in El Nido Philippiens, my friend was there last month. I have seen her pictures and oh it was really lovely. A paradise! It was preserve as it is, you should see that too.

• yaniv says:

camping and getting togeth isnt the best thing we dont do it often but when we do it nobudy wants to leave , camping with alot of frinds or family just strength the connection between us , have fun.

• eqa says:

I honestly envy you for having a nice big family. In my case, mom and dad are separated and I’m an only child and the rest of the family are way too far from us. LOL! We’re a lonely bunch! How I wish I could be in my very own family camp too.

• Anne says:

Looking at the pictures makes me realized that we need to have such kind of event too. Having such wonderful summer camp out with the family and relative will be a good way of building a bond. Thanks for sharing it with us.

• duriangirl42 says:

I miss family gatherings, when all my siblings got their own lives to live elsewhere it was really rare for us to be gathered, only when someone dies. As I look at your pictures I just can’t help reminisce the old days.

• alison says:

Nice!!! How I wish me and my family could try that, adventure, bonding, looks enjoyable!!! Great post!!! Thanks for sharing!!

• Lola T says:

Hey even we spend sometime every month for some 3 hours just enjoy with cousins and family have our dinner and play games and make sure we build more bonding among us. The post reminds of the same.

• Welcome to Istael again)

• Lea G says:

• Rose says:

i agree with you Lea kids need to have time with family or else they become wanted parents attention so maybe should try to have time to your kids.

• Elin@Tebutik says:

What a great idea, I’d love to go to one of these parties of yours. Your kids are cute.

• That is great. That is amazing too that you have family come from such far off places for your family vacations. Great stuff, it’s tough for our family to get together and we live in the same state! Ha.

Thank you for your post, the photos are wonderful too and everyone looks so happy!

• Travel Blog says:

Just come across your site. Had a problem telling when this was published if not for the comments :)

Also I see you are on twitter, and published a book.

Would be good to touch base with you as you seem to have an interesting story. If you are still active that is! :)

• Nemo says:

i really love this post made me realized i should have time for my family.thanks for sharing this to us..

• Looks like everyone’s having a lot of fun in those pictures. Now how do you get all those people to come? And with their entire families with kids too boot!

• spending time with your family is a great plan in any place, the best trips of my life have been with by family, I constantly remember them…

• Emma says:

It looks so much fun! Thanks for sharing your shots! I am so glad that your family is getting along pretty well..

• Portia says:

This is great! My family loves having fun! This is adorable family. It is healthier to give quality time to our family ones in a while..

• morgan says:

I’m so jealous :( Seriously, I envy you guys. It really looks like you’re having fun. I’ve always wanted to travel the world, explore new places and meet new people. Someday, I WILL do it. Thank you for inspiring me. Keep us posted!

• Rex Boerma says:

You have a big family, that’s why when all of your family gathers together, you’ll have a good time.

• James says:

Great post, I feel this is really necessary for every family now a days to have some interaction and bonding so that they wont lose their relations; I feel even I should start something innovative like this. Thanks for sharing such an inspirational post.

• These are really nice pictures! And I’m seeing a really nice get together too! Meeting new people and just relaxing is a good way to enjoy the summer. I wish I can come too! I bet a lot of people will be dropping by.

• Dolly says:

Spending time with your family is a great plan in any place, the best trips of my life have been with by family. Lovely, post, keep up the good work.

• Fantastic. a wonderful way to make the world a smaller place and to get families from all over together.

• Sabina says:

Your pictures are great, i can really see that your having a real fun. Hope we can have this fun family outing. I think I have to initiate first and call a meeting with them to plan our family camp! Thanks for the ideas!

• Love the photos, looks like everyone is having a blast!

• Yes if even I am invited I will surely attend this event. Even I like to travel to different places and so I always like to join such groups. Adventurous trips with them will always be helpful. This is what I like. I will surely come for I have also got an invitation for the fun that they will have over there.

• Kim says:

aww looks like you all had a great time. our family reunion is always a formal occasion. i wanted something like this, out of town, camping, BBQing, games and full of fun!

• Yes indeed I think next year would be a great idea as according to the pictures displayed above the trip is going to be adventurous. Also as all of us are invited I think it would be a great opportunity for all of us to meet each other and have a good time together. Hope the plan turns out to be true this time.

• I know a couple of more people who keep organizing such events after every two years. Also one of my friends had been with them once and he said that it was a fantastic experience with them. I think everybody should surely try out such events together. It would be great fun as well as a get together for all of us.

• Hey! I wonder whether this is a co-incidence or something else. My family is huge. There are almost 45 members in my family including my cousins and elders. We plan such trips every year. So every vacation for us is fun time where all of us relax and enjoy the summers to the core. I pray this continues till the end.

• Yes next year we are up to starting up something like this in our country as well. Let’s see how well do we do. We are not doing this with the aim or intention of earning money but we are doing this just for fun and entertainment. Hope we do succeed in our plans. I want to make it a big success so that the group is formed and everyone enjoys it.

• Who would not like going out on adventurous trips with a group of so many people together. I love socializing. Vacations for me would be always sitting at home and relaxing. But this vacation I am surely going to go for such great adventurous trips. After all even I am invited so why would I miss on such a good opportunity?

• Who would not travel across the world if given an opportunity to do so? If we had such amazing groups who would plan out a vacation everyday then I would have surely not mind becoming a permanent member of their group and would have enjoyed every single trip with all my family members or either my friends. It would be fun!

• Yes surely when all of us are invited I think it would be the best chance to explore such great opportunities in life. It would be a wonderful chance for us to become a member of these kinds of groups. Traveling across the world and also getting an opportunity to know so many people from different field would not be possible anywhere else.

• tung says:

I’ll check sooner that my efforts is going to the trash.I will be sure to remember the tip you provided here

• daisy says:

It is too difficult. Come on!

• daisy says:

• I am trying hard to get such big groups for my events as well. Off lately I have planned to organize such huge events by myself. But till now we are only a group of 25 people in my team. Also we are left on deciding for a place where we would like to go first. Let’s see if this event becomes successful I would plan some more holidays like these in future.

• Anurag says:

Amazing pics and great idea.I am going to travel with my family very soon.Thanks for the post.

• Oh! That’s a re-invitation. I would surely love to make it the next year. I think you guys keep planning such good trips every year right? It would be a great opportunity for all of us to make good friends out here. The pictures displayed above make me feel like going out for a vacation with all of you right now. Buts my work does not permit me to do anything like this.

• We all think it just so great and so much fun to have lots of fantastic people gather here at our place in the middle of Sweden.

4 Trackbacks / Pingbacks for this entry