Happy New Year to you all! We hope that 2010 will be a good one to travel long term or whatever your choice might be.
We want to take this first day of the new decade to tell you a bit about Extended World Travel and what can be expected of us. The whole concept of website and blogging is still quite new to us and we have for sure learnt a lot of things during these 6 months or so since we started. And we have come to realize that some things may need some changing around in order for us to better be able to help and serve you.
The reason we started this blog in the first place was just that – to be able to help and serve all those of you that were asking us all theses questions about how to travel long term. Not really questions about how to do the actual traveling for an extended period of time though but more about how to make it possible in the first place. Questions like the lack of time or money or issues with work, children and school. What to do with all these kinds of everyday life issues that have to be solved even before you are able to think about where to go or how.
The desire to go on a long journey is extremely common, but for many different reasons a great majority of you who dream about this, still don’t think you can. We are here to tell and show you that you can no matter what your circumstances are! If your desire is to take off for 6 months or a year then you can! Even if you have little time, are low on cash, have a job and family and kids in school.
We have also come to realize that extended travel is not just about fulfilling a dream. It is also very powerful to travel long term and it can literally transform your life. So if you in any way are feeling stuck or feels the need for a change in your life, traveling for an extended period of time is a great way to turn your life around.
So we will kick this year of by doing some improvements to the website. We do it with the ambition to better be able to help those of you who really want to do something about this dream and turn it into a reality.
These are the major changes we are working on right now:
• We want to make the website clearer and easier to navigate and therefore some things will be added whereas some things will be removed. The major part of this change will be done in the next week or two.
• Our intention is to give you a new blog post 3 times a week, on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
• In order to keep in contact with you, our readers, and help you keep your desire of long term traveling alive we have decided to make a newsletter. We are convinced that a long journey probably would be good for you and we want to stay true to our commitment of helping you fulfill this dream. By filling out the form in the top right hand corner you will be signing up for the newsletter.
• We are right now in the process of finishing a new eBook. It will be a guide that helps you turn your dream and desire into an actual possibility. We will for sure tell you more about this in a later post. If all goes according to plan we hope to have the eBook up for sale by the end of the month.
• Still in the planning stage is to offer one-on-one coaching for those of you who are really serious about your dream of going on an extended journey or maybe even creating a traveling life style. Because of the time demand on such a service we will only be offering this to a very limited amount of people. If you already know now that you are interested in this please let us know through our contact form and you will be first in line.
One year is of course a long time and it is difficult now to predict where life will take us by the end of it. By being as we said, new to all of this we also have to be open to go with the flow when new things happen. But until then these are the major things that are on our agenda.
We wish you all the best for 2010 and lets all make it the best year ever!
Here is an extra Happy New Year wish from our fellow countrymen in ABBA