“To be able to be brave,
you first have to be afraid”
A remark from one of the younger participants of our unconventional gathering last week, Lukas, 10. Many more wise and inspirational things came up when we gathered together, 30 adults with about 40 children, to discuss and brainstorm around the issue of how to create our financial futures.
Since we were quite a lot of homeschoolers, many of us had already “seen the light”. When you’re not part of a school system and not bound to be in one specific place at certain times for the kid’s education, it’s easy to start fantasizing around how it would be if you could apply this to your work life as well.
- What if I didn’t have to “go to work” every day?
- What if I could work from anywhere?
- If I could work part time and have loads of time free?
- If I could have a seasonal job?
- Create a passive income?
- Really focus on the one thing I love and create a business out of that?
- Have several, smaller projects and devote myself to all the things I’m passionate about?
- How could I create a lifestyle that would allow me to travel the world with my family?
- How could I take a break for a year to contemplate about what I’d want to do with my life?
- What would my dream life look like?
Many questions arose during the 3 days (out of the week) when we were focusing on “Money, Job and Life”. And many answers and ideas were provided! Ideas and solutions which probably wouldn’t have come up if we had been sitting on our own trying to figure these things out. It’s so true what they say, that when you get together and use all your combined capacity to focus on solutions, 2 and 2 actually doesn’t make 4 – but 5!
Yes, it’s extremely powerful to do something like this with a group of people who all have an interest in finding solutions outside of the 9 to 5 box and I really encourage you all to do it. Find people around you, close by or more far away (you can always create a Skype group or similar) and start looking into what you want to do with your life and how it would be possible to do it. Create a network, or join ours, which we’ll soon have ready.
Take some kind of step to start living the life you’re dreaming about and that you are entitled to. What will be your one first step towards this, today, now? And you are welcome to share your first step here in the comments. The more you go public with it, the more real it gets.
If you want to stay updated to what will happen with our networking project in the future you can leave your email at www.asko2010.info
Here are some pictures from the week:
Meeting in the "conference centre" = our barn
Internet Cafe in the barn
Tug of war with the "kids" (ages 2-22)
Frode, 3, using Skype for the first time
Late meeting by the fire
Relaxing by the fire